Navigate to 'Settings', and choose 'Accounts and Sync'.
Press 'Add Account' at the bottom right of the screen.
A list of account to set up will now appear, click 'Mail' (with the white envelope icon).
Choose 'Other (POP3/IMAP)'.
Step 4:Now enter your Cabrillo email address, including the '@cabrillo.edu' section, then your Cabrillo email password.
- For protocol, choose 'IMAP'.
- The email should be the same as you entered before, including the '@cabrillo.edu'. It should be automatically populated.
- The username should also be automatically populated - however, you should remove the '@cabrillo.edu' portion!
- The password is also the same, and should also be automatically populated.
- Change IMAP server to 'mail.cabrillo.edu'
- Security type should be 'SSL'
- Server port should be '993'
For outgoing settings:
- username should be the same as incoming (without the '@cabrillo.edu').
- password will be the same (and should be automatically populated).
- SMTP server should also be 'mail.cabrillo.edu'
- security type: 'SSL'
- Server port should be changed to '465'!
Account name is how the account will be referred to within your phone, so make it whatever makes sense to you ('Cabrillo email' or something of the like). Or leave it how it is if you like.
Your name can also be left as is, or you can change it ('John Doe', 'Help Desk', whatever works...).
Now press 'Finish Setup', and you're done!
*note* sometimes is takes a few minutes for the account settings to go though; don't be worried!
Now that the server stuff is all configured, to access your Cabrillo email, simply navigate to the 'Mail' app provided on your Android device, and the mail should all show up.